Course: Hypothermic Coagulopathy
Provided By: Banff Wilderness Care Conference 2015
Instructor: Kevin Palmer
Time Commitment: 60 minutes
Passing Grade: 80%
Course Description: Debunking the myths around hypothermia. Educating the practitioner in wilderness and remote hypothermic situations, the pre and post care required.
Some Topics Covered:
- Primary Hypothermia Definitions
- Priorities of care in regards to hypothermia
- Prioritizations of fluid in the hypothermic patient
- Controlling bleeding
- Core body temperatures vs external temperatures
- How to increase the rate of survival in the hypothermic patient.